All-in-one computer monitor and tablet using E Ink (e-paper, technology). This is an indispensable tool for individuals with light sensitivity and post-concussion vision issues. Standard computer monitors operate using liquid crystal display (LCD) technology, and their screens refresh at a rate of 60 times per second. This flicker can be perceived by individuals with photosensitivity, leading to eye strain, headaches and computer intolerance. LCD screens also emit blue light, which over time can lead to damaged retinal cells.
The Onyx Boox MAX 2 PRO features a 13.3 inch E Ink Carta and Mobius screen. This is the same technology that Kobo employed in the Forma. Mobius makes the device lighter and function better during drop tests. The resolution is 2220×1650 and has a PPI of 207. It has a WACOM screen that is capacitive, so you will be able to take notes and draw with the accompanied stylus or interact with the screen via five point multitouch. Since they are not backlit, they do not emit any light, including blue light. They also refresh at a much lower rate than LCD, relieving screen sensitivity, eye strain and possibly, over time, retinal damage.
Most of us rely heavily on computers and other screens to perform our jobs, learn, and manage our day-to-day lives. The ONYX BOOX MAX 2 will help you increase your tolerance and comfort at work, school and life by:
- Mimicking the appearance of ordinary ink on paper
- Providing a comfortable, low contrast, un-lit image
- Reducing sensitivities to backlight and flicker of computer monitors
- Relieving eye strain, headaches, visual stress and computer screen intolerance
- Providing a possible solution for individuals with post-concussion vision syndrome, migraines, ADHD and other neurological issues affecting vision and perception
A recent study published in the Journal of Neurotrauma investigated the use of non-LCD screens for individuals with post-concussion syndrome and computer screen intolerance. The study had very positive results with increased screen tolerance and longer symptom-free reading time.
Often, trying to return to work and school following a head injury is delayed because of the sensitivities to the fluorescent lighting and screens in the class or workplace. This monitor can offer a temporary solution until rehabilitation has progressed to such a point that the accommodation is no longer necessary.
While videos or documents where colour is important are best viewed on regular monitors, Opticalm offers screen tinting software that can help reduce sensitivities.
ONYX BOOX Max2 PRO Non-LCD Computer Monitor Tablet 64 GB + Case & Stand
ONYX BOOX MAX 2
- First device for reading electronic books with the HDMI monitor function
- 13.3" E Ink Carta and Mobius display, perfect for viewing documents containing graphs and charts and for working with PDF and DjVu files
- Touch screen enabled to facilitate: scrolling, zooming, making notes in the text and using additional functions
- Wacom touch layer located under the E Ink panel enabling users to make notes on the margins and draw sketches
- Special stylus pen that recognizes 1024 degrees of pressure and allows users to draw with greater precision
- Powerful Quad core processor with 1.6 GHz clock rate and 4 GB of random access memory
- 64 GB of nonvolatile memory
- Built-in Wi-Fi module for full Internet surfing and for connecting to net-libraries
- Google Play App, pre-installed to greatly expands its functionality by giving access to third-party Android programs
- Low power consumption of E Ink display and battery capacity of 4100 mAh provides up to a month of autonomous work
- Supports languages and dictionaries to allow users to read documents in different world languages such as: English, French, Arabic, Chinese, German, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish and many others.
- ONYX BOOX MAX 2 e-reader (in Black)
- Heavy-duty adjustable stand
- Premium case-cover
- User's manual
- Warranty card
E Ink Carta and Mobius with the SNOW Field
function, 13.3 inch ink Pearl V220 flexible display,
Wacom digitizer with stylus + capacitive touch,
resolution 2200x1650 Carta (207dpi)
Lighting No Processor 4-core, 1.6 GHz RAM 4 GB LPDDR3 Internal memory 64 GB Audio
3.5 mm headphone jack, Speaker,
Wi-Fi Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Bluetooth 4.0 USB interface microUSB 2.0, micro HDMI Supported file
Text: TXT, HTML, RTF, FB2, FB2.zip,
MOBI, CHM, PDB, DOC, DOCX, PRC, EPUB
Graphic: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, CBR, CBZ
Others: PDF, DjVu, MP3
Battery Polymer Li-ion, 4100 mAh Operating system Android 6.0 Size 12.8 x 9.4 x 0.3 in (325 × 237 × 7.5 mm) Weight 19.4 oz (550 g) Warranty period 1 year
Since a part of the Flash memory size is system software, the portion available to the user is less than the total size of the memory chip.
The device has some additional features. For example, the current firmware has functions such as calendar, dictionary, access to the Internet, and others.
The device has a battery that provides long, autonomous usage.
Contact us today for more information!